Army Wives’s Lives has transformed from one woman’s story to a community of voices reflecting the military spouse experience. We welcome contributions from all military spouses (present and past…and even future) and occasionally from military members, other family members, and total civilians if the topic relates to the military spouse experience.
Why Guest Blog?
Here are a few reasons you might want to Guest Blog on Army Wives’ Lives:
- You don’t have a blog but you want to share something with blog readers.
- You want to share something anonymously. Maybe you have a blog, or don’t, but you really have something to say and you don’t want it connected with your name and/or your online profile. I’ll be happy to accept anonymous postings.
- You have a new blog and you want to become more involved with the military spouse blogging community. In your guest post, you can link to your blog.
Who Can Guest Blog?
All military family members are welcome. I do not care whether you are male, female, young, old, a blogger or not, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, etc. In fact, military personnel are also welcome if they have something to say about issues specifically relating to the spouse experience.
However, and I can’t believe I have to state this explicitly, I do NOT accept Search Engine Optimized “articles” from content writers hired to promote other businesses. If you are looking to advertise on my site, you will have to buy an advertisement.
How to Guest Blog
Write up a post and e-mail it to email@example.com. Include any links you wish to have and any photos (please indicate your source and if you have permission to use the photograph). Let me know if there is a particular week when you would like your post to appear. I will confirm within about two days and then get back to you within about a week.
What to Guest Blog?
Pretty much whatever you like! It should relate in some way to the military spouse experience. That’s really the big one. Your guest post can be a personal, literary, informational, political, editorial, whatever you are thinking! Write a narrative, a short story, a description of your emotional state, a how to guide, or whatever is on your mind. It can be prose or poetry. You can include a photo if you like. Just send me what you have, and we’ll try to find a way to fit it in.
- It has to be YOUR WORK. Don’t send me forwards and claim they are yours.
- If you are a blogger, please make sure the material is original. I ask that you do not re-publish the same exact piece on your own blog just so neither of us get tagged as spammers. You can revise it, excerpt it, or revisit the idea on your site and you retain all rights to your material.
- If you are a blogger and intend to link to your site, I request a link back to this post so others will know about the opportunity. You may also link to your post if you like. If you are not a blogger or wish to remain anonymous, this does not apply.
- Again, you should be a military family member sharing your experiences, thoughts, or advice. I am not interested in posts from SEO content writers.
- Do not confess to felonies you are about to or have committed (if you’ve been convicted and served your time…that’s a different story). I am neither priest, nor lawyer and I will turn you in.
- Try to keep it PG-13. Sometimes a little graphic language may contribute to the story, but avoid gratuitous sex, violence, profanity. I will check with you if I would like you to change something and will only publish it if we both agree on any changes–I will not publish anything without your permission.
- Proofread and spell-check. You don’t have to use perfect grammar or create a polished piece, but take the time to run a spell-checker.