If you have young children and would like to introduce the meaning of Memorial Day to them while the barbecue is heating up, here are some activities, picture books and crafts:
1. Paper Mosaic Flag from Naturally Educational (my site)
2. Remembrance Day Poppy from No Time for Flashcards
3. Popsicle Stick Flag from Laugh Learn Love
4. Memorial Day Picture Books at Naturally Educational
5. Locate and visit a local war memorial.
6. Tell your child stories of a veteran in your family or circle of friends.